Saturday, January 24, 2015

Review of The Stranger I Know by Amy Isan



I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. When I read this book I had no idea what it was all about, however I was hooked on this book from the very first word. The reason for the 4 star instead of the 5 is about half way though the book I figured out who the stranger was and so the story still was interesting but it was more about when she would figure it out.

In this book we meet Marcy. Marcy is a woman who has to have control over her life in all aspects, well all but one. Marcy meets a man once a week to hook up. However during these hookups he wears a mask and tells her exactly what to do. She has no control over the situation. This to Marcy is a form of release from all the stresses in the rest of her life. The problem with this is not only does he control what happens when they are together but also when they can get together.

One of the new stresses in her life is a man named James Pierce. James's company is the one whe is trying to do a merger with the company she works for. James however has ways of getting under her skin and not in a good way. James keeps jabbing on her to get her to make a mistake that she can't come back from and he believes he can not merge with her company but completely take it over.

This story has many different twists and turns that will keep you engaged with this story till the very end. They called this story a dark erotica but I am not sure if that is because of the stranger or because of herself. Either way you will be hooked from the first page to the very end. I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Protected by the Mountain Man by Khloe Summers

  I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.  In this book we get Lark & Clive's ...