Saturday, January 10, 2015

Review of Warrant by S.L. Schiefer




I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. When I first got this book I knew nothing about it but the more I get into this book the more I understood where it was going. This book however is a very dark read and you should be aware of it before buying it.

In the beginning of this book we meet Devon she is a relatively happy girl. She knows that her mom is a prostitute but feels this does not effect her young life. The next chapter we get to is when Devon is 18 years old her mom has been missing for a few days but she is not worried bout this. The one thing Devon didn't think of what her mom's advice of how she should run if her mom was gone. Devon is taken by two goons over to the bosses place. While there she is told she will now be taking her mother's place. After being told this she is the person the boss makes identify her body. Devon knows she doesn't want to see her mom like this but has no choice.

Three years later Devon is now in college for dance like she wanted. The boss still calls when ever she is called on by one of her clients. She knows she is making a plan to somehow get out of this line of work. During this time she also meets a new detective on the force named Enzo. Enzo wants to get to know Devon better but Devon knows if the boss finds out this could mean bad things for her. Enzo doesn't take no for an answer though, and as more and more bad things happen to Devon he is determined to be her light at the end of the tunnel or her knight in shinning armor. All he wants is the girl in the end.

This book has many dark qualities and if you have a problem with Rape then this is a book you should defiantly avoid it could bring up some bad triggers. I liked the strength of Devon and the devotion that Enzo has for her even though he doesn't know the whole story in the beginning. My favorite character which I think will be yours too is Remy the dog. This story has many twists and turns that I would like to tell you all about but if you do read this story telling you more would ruin it for you. I would recommend it. It is a great story but again I say very dark in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Protected by the Mountain Man by Khloe Summers

  I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.  In this book we get Lark & Clive's ...